Good day! This is my reaction to the recently posted 2020 Podcast Predictions from Top Industry Leaders, released by Pacific Content.
It’s a super great article and I just want to discuss some of the points brought up in there.
- [00:40] The Apple vs. Spotify Platform War
- [02:30] Malaysia’s current podcast sentiment, Spotify’s integration and Apple’s efforts
- [05:50] The Third: Google and its rise of features
- [07:55] Lack of Apple Podcast visibility in Asia
- [08:50] UI/UX Features will be the key
- [10:34] Continued consolidation of podcasts
- [11:54] Asian Gimlet-sized deals a possibility?
- [12:57] More revenue models is good!
- [14:47] The role of local podcasting networks
- [16:29] Disrupting advertising metrics
- [17:53] Going global: India is already here
- [18:29] Ximalaya and Himalaya’s Chinese dominance
- [19:54] Hotpod for the rest of the world
- [20:37] How Podlovers Asia will contribute + personal predictions for the Asian space
Original article can be found here: 20 Podcast Predictions for 2020 from Top Industry Leaders