In this episode, we're sitting down to have a chat with a successful podcaster based in Thailand!
Greg Jorgensen is host of the Bangkok Podcast, and is on a journey to cover everything about the lovely city of Bangkok. Since 2011(!!), he covers a TON, from history to culture, specific locations and developments in the city over time, and more. All in 250+ episodes! With ~200 patrons in his Patreon, he has a whole list of loyal listeners supporting him which is amazing to hear.
We talked about:
- Greg's journey to Bangkok and what compelled him to start the podcast
- How he built a community of 200 paying members on his Patreon
- His personal insights on the Thai podcasting scene
- 03:14 How Greg arrived to Bangkok
- 04:48 The intricacies of Bangkok as an interesting city
- 09:57 Why a podcast? + The Origins of Bangkok Podcast
- 13:20 How has the podcast evolved over time with different cohosts?
- 16:40 How do you source for content about the city of Bangkok?
- 23:32 How Greg grew his Patreon to 200 members
- 26:07 Experimenting with premium content, failed segments and current events
- 29:18 What is Thailand's national flower?
- 30:55 Greg's insights on Thai podcasting scene
- 36:18 The costs of living in Thailand as a foreigner
- 39:30 Bangkok Podcast listenership, being friends with listeners and meetups
- 44:19 Building a connection with the host
- 46:41 Greg's podcast playlist, and dream episode to make
- 52:34 'T.I.T': This is Thailand
- 53:47 Love, Loathe, or Live With: The Asian podcasting scene