Ever had a site so complicated I need a second page dedicated to explain how it works? 😅
ThatsTheNorm is the World that lives in my brain. Think of it as a web of content spanning different formats and names, like a major brand that holds multiple names under its belt. Kind of like Nestle with Kellogg’s and everything else!
You can think of this website as:
- My [[Body of Work]]. It’s a depository of conversations I’ve had, and a full list of projects covering everything I’ve tried, discovered, failed and more.
- My notes in progress: Most posts you see on this website are incomplete notes. They are made to be refined and form the foundation of my worldview (go here for more). This means the posts are prone to updates and versions (I’ll note them in), and I emphasize relevance, not publish date (though I’ll keep track of them regardless).
- Frequently Asked Questions (or Frequently Asked Thoughts) in my head: Some posts are short, to answer certain questions and opinions on phrases. Some are longer, commonly-asked questions about my life that I want to be recorded somewhere for others to see. It’s also a good way to direct people to a relevant post if I’ve answered a question before. I can also track where I don’t know, by looking at how little I’ve written on a topic or question. It helps me focus on what to learn!
The end goal is to build my own [[Textbook of the World]] through conversations. An Internet Garden of sorts. I share with you my short notes, scribblings and all kinds of things that help you wander in my domain, as if visiting a bar full of interesting people. There will be imaginary characters, doodles, podcasts, episodes, what have you. But the point is is that every time you go into my website, it's a different experience. It may be relevant to you or not but otherwise the different-ness makes it stick out 😄
To jump from context to context, I’m here to confuse you, and that's part of the fun. My only hope is this: for you to follow the tags, posts, etc. and create your own adventure of my notes!
List of Brands and Projects
- In the pursuit of having amazing conversations with many different kinds of people, the name AntiFool was born: my attempt in being not foolish. For the time being, these are general interviews that I can conduct with a simple reason, that we are curious people willing to share what we pay attention to. Currently building the [[Antidote to Foolishness]], however that might be.
- The Podcast Chicken was made as a front for my pursuit in learning podcasting as a medium: what is happening around me? Who are the players to watch out for? What works well, what doesn’t? With a focus on Asian podcasting and learning on becoming a better podcaster, I do my best to help others start their own shows and get an idea of what is happening in Asia!
- This show is a bit unique: RoamFM is my foray into personal knowledge management through conversations with others. Through the hashtag #Roam I now have a professional excuse to dive into the rabbit holes of others - what captures their attention, what would they put in their graph (and therefore their lives), and how I can help them.
This is Norm
- This is Norm is the audio version of my website. That = writing, This = speaking. It's an easier way of figuring out what I've been thinking about lately :) Listen here!
Cloever Works is the creative corner of my website. It’s really my [[Alter Ego]].
There are 3 main parts:
- Tempered Fables is the core of Cloever Works: I take the role of [[Cloever]], and narrate short story fiction by the fire.
- Cloever Poetry (now on pause). As I was writing poetry on a different website, I wanted to post it in a public platform, which resulted in this experiment. It was fun while it lasted.
- Ants Under The Sun is an attempt at bringing the level of narration I put into Tempered Fables, into real life. Essays, narratives and experiences on locations, cultures and people. I went into a creative block (which doesn’t exist - I was just bored tbh) with Tempered Fables and took these narrative skills to real life to test them out.
Have a comment?
Twitter is my comment box! (Well, for now.). If you want to comment on something, you can always @ me on Twitter with a link to the post and comment that way :) eventually, I’ll start setting up a comments platform once I’ve reached certain goals.