Gary Chong is the filmmaker, the lecturer, and the enabler of content creators. He is the AntiFool.
In this episode, we’ll be diving into film!
Gary is an award-winning filmmaker and founder of Gary Chong Studios, a production house that has produced over 560+ videos in the last decade for many different brands. Eg. Digi, Axiata, Sunway, Maybank, Allianz Bank, Kraken, Mindshare, and many more. He is a lecturer in the School of Liberal Arts of Taylor’s University here in Malaysia, in the area of Film and Communications for 8 years, and that is how he is giving back to the community.
His newest venture is Micro Film Academy, a disruptive education program that aims to revolutionize and empower content creation in the hands of an upcoming generation through SMEs, businesses, and children.
We talked about:
- Gary’s origin story, from becoming an award-winning filmmaker to teaching students about film
- Micro Film Academy’s mission: future-proofing businesses and children to create using the devices in their pockets
- Preparing for IR4.0 through content creation and adapting to the digital age
- 03:22 How Gary went from questioning film to winning 18 awards for short films
- 08:41 Thinking outside the box at film school
- 10:34 Solutions-based thinking and French new wave
- 12:04 The methodology Gary uses to serve clients for six figures
- 16:45 The barriers in teaching students how to connect the dots
- 20:28 Future proofing children and SMEs: Micro Film Academy’s mission
- 30:13 How Micro Film tackles business-specific pain points
- 36:06 How children will grow from learning about micro film, and benefits for parents
- 42:23 Preparing for Industrial Revolution 4.0 and the digital age
- 44:53 “The first thing we need to do is break our mindsets” How Gary views this opportunity
- 47:15 Gary’s memento
- 48:10 Walkaway wisdom: Everybody’s a filmmaker.