Stephanie Scheller is the sales expert, the business disruptor, fighting through the tempests. She is the AntiFool.
How do you close a sale at 6 figures? 7 figures? How do you reach that scale for your business? In this episode I want to talk about sales, closing in revenue for your business.
To achieve that level of scalability, we’ll need to learn how to separate ourselves from our business as we grow. How do you do that? Who better to learn about this from than Stephanie Scheller.
Stephanie is the founder of Grow Disrupt, a sales training practice based in Texas. It grew in less than 18 months to become the largest, most active sales training practice in the area. As a TEDx speaker, host of the Black Belt Selling Podcast, and a two-time best-selling author, Stephanie’s mission is to disrupt the way the world does business.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How she went from taking care of horses to starting up her sales training business
- Why business owners fail to scale from 5 figures in sales to 6
- The five points you need to get disruptive growth
- The change in roles and why you have to step back to scale
- 4:38 From horses to marketing consultancy: Stephanie’s origin story
- 8:00 A salesperson with no commissions check: Stephanie’s decision to move
- 11:13 Was it hard to transition to working for yourself?
- 12:19 “A lot of entrepreneurs are their own worst boss”
- 14:26 Stephanie found balance in achieving through non-negotiable standards
- 18:15 Planning the night before + project management tools
- 20:23 Coaching entrepreneurs to scale from 100k to 6 figures: The patterns
- 22:46 “Don’t take on work outside of your energy advantage”
- 25:52 What kind of problems are businesses going through to achieve 6-figure sales? Here are the 5 key points needed
- 34:02 Is it hard for salespersons to transition from sales to management?
- 37:30 “A lot of small business owners deal with an identity crisis” Divorcing yourself from your business
- 39:30 What Stephanie struggled with growing her business
- 40:39 Stephanie shares how she visualizes herself separating from the business to scale
- 41:51 These are the skills you need to step back and scale your business to 6 figures
- 43:52 Walt Disney and the shift in Disney’s business model
- 45:51 Stephanie’s mementos: Her art
- 48:16 Stephanie Scheller’s Walkaway Wisdom: E.F.F.O.R.T
- Grow Disrupt
- Stephanie’s Facebook
- Stephanie’s Twitter
- Stephanie’s YouTube
- Stephanie’s LinkedIn
- Stephanie’s personal website
- Black Belt Selling Podcast
- Emperor’s New Groove
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz