In this episode, we have someone very interesting and varied in his experience.
Yannis Dimitroulas is an expert in marketing currently leading a content marketing team based in the Netherlands. He’s done quite a number of marketing consultant work, been part of a team to sell chocolate all around the world, and most of all he is a good friend. We’ve known each other since 2007, and I know from seeing his journey until now that there’s going to be some amazing wisdom from him.
We talked about:
- Vulnerability and what we can learn from it
- Finding your why and its importance
- Being a cross-cultural kid and living among cultures
- We talked about the observations we have of the world, from philosophy to business models and more
Yannis is the marketer, the riser, and a brother in the pursuit of wisdom. He is the AntiFool.
- 03:12 Learning to be quiet in a room full of valuable voices
- 06:05 Empathy, becoming a pillar of support
- 12:41 Inspirational figures make impact beyond cultural borders
- 18:10 How do we build a school to encourage ambition and character?
- 21:23 Lead vs. Being Led: when listening has opened doors for Yannis
- 27:45 Life as an adventure, and joining Tensail
- 34:34 Jumping into a market Yannis knew nothing about
- 37:40 “What is your philosophy?”
- 40:58 Teal Organisations: Companies with no roles, only employees and coaches
- 46:50 Worried Optimism on the Future of Work
- 51:16 The rise of women leaders
- 58:11 Why we don’t want to be wrong
- 1:02:52 Alienation in cultures, from the Netherlands as foreigners to other countries
- 1:09:21 To know nothing about philosophy, and Yannis’ favourite timeless wisdom
- 1:16:02 Finding the meaning behind our existence
Reach out to Yannis
Mentions and Links
- Philips Innovation Award
- Start with Why
- Leaders Eat Last
- Teal Organisations
- A story of two monks and a woman
- When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of a Modern Group That Predicted the Destruction of the World by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter