Going against the norm.
ThatsTheNorm (or TTN for short) is a website that houses all the content I create: articles, podcasts and videos.
They all go against the norm.
If you’re a fan of covering a wide range of topics as podcasts and articles, and want to think about something new/different everyday, this is the place for you 😄
Some example articles cover polymaths, business, cryptocurrency, and self-development.
The podcasts range from short story fiction to narrative history, reporting on the Asian podcasting scene and even daily shows.
A little backstory, I built this site to answer the question:
What would you call yourself?
I’ve always had this problem.
On one hand, you can call me a writer, a voice actor, and a podcaster. On the other hand, you can call me a digital marketer, blogger, and someone involved in blockchain and startups. You could also call me a short story creator and narrator.
They’re all correct. But if you leave one part out, then it won’t be me: a piece will be missing.
Many of us hit that barrier when it comes to identifying ourselves. It doesn’t matter if it’s by label, purpose or field of interest, anything that we find fascinating becomes part of our lives. We play around and fall in love with it, stress over it, and accept as part of who we are.
We find out more about who we are by discovering more about what we like to do.
What if you like all kinds of things? It’s harder, right?
Clarity helps. I know, I’ve been there.
Cool thing is: This website is the best way to describe me. I’m going against what’s normal.
Hi, my name is Norman!
I am a:
- Podcast rainmaker (producer, consultant, copywriter, marketer, events manager for podcasting companies)
- Interviewer for podcast shows
- Content Creator
I’m on a mission to deconstruct wisdom and share it with the world, doing it mainly through podcasting.
You can find out more about me here.
I strive to be a polymath in progress:
- I blend creativity, art, and imagination into my career.
- I start projects and businesses and boost them with creative works.
- I market products, write narratives, and add value through storytelling.
I inject ‘fun’ into everything really! I have two sides:
- Previously the Head of Marketing for a Japanese FinTech company here in Malaysia
- Provide freelance writing services including article writing, copy, and ghostwriting (eg. for influencers in the personal finance space!)
- Co-Authored an eBook on teaching the basics of Blockchain technology in simplified language. As a result, I gave a talk about applying blockchain technology to your business ideas to over 400+ students in Taylors University Malaysia! You can watch a snippet of it here.
- On my blog, I write on a variety of topics including Business, Communication, Creative works, and Self-development
- On Quora with 1000+ followers (thanks guys!), I share my experiences living in Japan, Australia, and touch on various topics such as Philanthropy and speeches.
- Created a short story fiction podcast, Tempered Fables, garnering 1000+ listens in 20+ episodes so far
- Registered voice actor in Malaysia!
- Performed in various storytelling events within Malaysia (eg. Sweatheart, Pari Pari Di KLPAC)
- Writes for a Quora blog called Tales for Answers, where answers are written like a story!
And much more. If you want to know what I’m up to nowadays, go to the Now page.
Otherwise, let’s get right into it!