Going against the norm.
Hi there! Welcome to my playground. I’m Norm 🙂
ThatsTheNorm (or TTN for short) that houses all the content I create: articles, podcasts and videos.
They all go against the norm.
I’m Anti-Niche: If you’re a fan of covering a wide range of topics as podcasts and articles, and want to think about something new/different everyday, this is the place for you 😄
Some example articles cover polymaths, business, cryptocurrency, and self-development.
The podcasts range from intimate interviews to short story fiction, narrative history, reporting on the Asian podcasting scene and even daily shows.
A little backstory, I built this site to answer the question:
What would you call yourself?
I’ve always had this problem.
On one hand, you can call me a writer, a voice actor, and a podcaster. On the other hand, you can call me a digital marketer, blogger, and someone involved in blockchain and startups. You could also call me a short story creator and narrator.
They’re all correct. But if you leave one part out, then it won’t be me: a piece will be missing. They are different facets of my whole.
Many of us hit that barrier when it comes to identifying ourselves. It doesn’t matter if it’s by label, purpose or field of interest, anything that we find fascinating becomes part of our lives. We play around and fall in love with it, stress over it, and accept as part of who we are.
We find out more about who we are by discovering more about what we like to do.
What if you like all kinds of things? It’s harder, right?
Clarity helps. I know, I’ve been there.
Cool thing is: This website is the best way to describe me. I’m going against what’s normal.
This is me:
I am a:
- Podcast rainmaker (producer, consultant, copywriter, marketer, events manager for podcasting companies)
- Interviewer for podcast shows
- Content Marketer and Creator
I’m on a mission to deconstruct wisdom from all walks of life so we can understand ourselves and each other better.
I strive to be a polymath in progress:
- I blend creativity, art, and imagination into my career.
- I start projects and businesses and boost them with creative works.
- I market products, write narratives, and add value through storytelling.
I inject ‘fun’ into everything really! I have two sides:
- Previously the Head of Marketing for a Japanese FinTech company here in Malaysia
- Provide freelance writing services including article writing, copy, and ghostwriting (eg. for influencers in the personal finance space!)
- Co-Authored an eBook on teaching the basics of Blockchain technology in simplified language. As a result, I gave a talk about applying blockchain technology to your business ideas to over 400+ students in Taylors University Malaysia! You can watch a snippet of it here.
- On my blog, I write on a variety of topics including Business, Communication, Creative works, and Self-development
- On Quora with 1000+ followers (thanks guys!), I share my experiences living in Japan, Australia, and touch on various topics such as Philanthropy and speeches.
- Created a short story fiction podcast, Tempered Fables, garnering 1000+ listens in 20+ episodes so far
- Registered voice actor in Malaysia!
- Performed in various storytelling events within Malaysia (eg. Sweatheart, Pari Pari Di KLPAC)
- Writes for a Quora blog called Tales for Answers, where answers are written like a story!
Media and Appearances
- Podchaser Creator Profile
- 122: Are you sick of American podcasts? Discover the Asian Podcasting Scene with Normal Chella of PodLovers Asia Podcast
- [CAREER] Pennywise Show EP4 – The Money-Happiness Conundrum with Norman Chella
- TBNT ep16 | What is your poetry poison? With Norman Chella
- Norman Chella – The Greatest Potential, the Anti-Fool (Break It Down Show)
- 37: “Stories Across Asia” Week by Feedback with EarBuds Newsletter
- “Playing the Fool” w/ Norman Chella (Podlovers Asia) by Podcast Sessions Malaysia
- Roam Research Article on writing a short story
- How To Grow Your Podcast: Proven Tips from Ling Ling
- Beginners Guide to Podcasting with WordPress
- Planning Your Podcast For Success
And much more. If you want to know what I’m up to nowadays, go to the Now page.
If you want to see my Body of Work, you can check this link.
Otherwise, let’s get right into it!